The Basic School
All Marine officers go to "The Basic School" to learn the basics of being an infantry officer. These are some pictures of
some of the things I have done at TBS. Keep in mind that I am not in most of these pictures.
- July - We marched to the rifle and pistol ranges every day for two weeks
- July - We learned to quickly draw a 9mm pistol and fire raidly at the pistol range
- July - When people are shooting rifles, someone else has to be in "the butts" to move the targets up
- July - We went in the gas chamber to "make sure we are comfortable with our gas masks."
- August - The combat engineers taught us to use TNT and C4 at the demolitions range.
- August - C4 is a lot like Play-Doh.
- September - "Gettin' some" with the machine guns
- September - Rocket launcher fun!